- Published on Monday, 30 April 2012 10:30
Ancient China-inspired themes and intricate detailing methods are employed to faithfully resemble genuine antique models.
- Ancient China styles dominate: Pieces that resemble furniture in the Ming and Qing dynasties account for the majority of output in the line. Europe- and US-inspired Victorian, William and Mary, and Chippendale designs remain popular nevertheless.
- Detailing methods: To mimic genuine antique versions, makers utilize hydrogen peroxide for a bleached effect and ammonium hydroxide to create a faded appearance. The other approaches include staining, splattering, beating, scratching and exposing the furniture to the elements.
- Shift to alternative destinations: Stringent environmental and safety regulations in the US and the EU are forcing many small and midsize suppliers to expand to emerging markets such as Russia and the Middle East. Most of these companies opt to explore new locations where export requirements are less strict as the adoption of conformant materials entails heavy financing.
- Price projection: The rising cost of wood will prompt enterprises to push up quotes by as much as 20 percent in the months ahead.
Baotianman Furniture Manufacture Fty
Description: Sofa; fusion of Europe, ancient China styles; wooden frame; top-grain leather upholstery
Gainwell Industrial Ltd
Description: Chair; solid wood; fabric upholstery; handcarved pattern
Pretty Home Furniture Co. Ltd
Description: Bed; fiberboard; eco-friendly NC paint; with 1,800x2,000mm mattress; GB 18581-2001
Royal Desi Furniture Fty
Description: Bedroom furniture set; kiln-dried oak, mahogany
Tiansin (Nanjing) Wood Products Co. Ltd
Description: Kitchen cabinet; birch, plywood or MDF; oak, birch, or China cherry doors; Blum or Hettich soft-closing hinges
Zhongshan Four Seas Furniture Mfg Ltd
Model: 208 Bedroom
Description: Bedroom furniture set; birch; ash veneer; with 1,820x2,020mm mattress
Note: This article "Reproduction antique furniture's local styles, fancy details mimic authentic pieces" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.