- Published on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:44
New models offer more information about key health indicators, and allow storage, tracking and transmission of data.
- Body composition monitors: Apart from weight and body fat, many recent releases from China also calculate water percentage, bone and muscle mass, BMI and BMR. These all-in-one monitors often allow several users to record measurements and monitor their progress.
- Data management: A number of new models support the transfer of data to a desktop computer or smartphone for storage and tracking. Some products submit the information to a public health website or a page established by the supplier for further analysis. Transmission is done via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Aesthetic enhancements: Adoption of transparent ITO electrodes is growing. Several makers are opting for these inputs instead of stainless steel types in models with glass platforms to increase aesthetic value.
- Price & export projections: Quotes are expected to remain stable in coming months as suppliers see no significant jump in manufacturing outlay. Overseas shipments are anticipated to remain at current levels due to the economic crunch in the US and the EU. Only a few large makers are projecting double-digit growth.
Care Electronic (Scale) Co. Ltd
Description: ABS platform; toughened glass inlay; LCD; optional Bluetooth; 32.4x33.x62.8cm
ETComm Beijing Science & Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Handheld; 9-user data storage; USB port or Bluetooth; two AAA batteries; 255x65x40mm
Shenzhen Belter Health Measurement and Analysis Tech Co. Ltd
Description: Toughened glass platform; 4-user data storage; 220kg maximum weight capacity
Zhongshan Camry Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: Toughened glass platform; 74x35.6cm LCD; 12-user data storage; 150kg maximum weight capacity
Zhongshan Huibao Weighing Apparatus Co. Ltd
Description: Toughened glass platform; 180kg maximum weight capacity; CR2032 lithium battery
Zhongshan Transtek Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: Toughened glass platform; ITO conductive film; LCD
Note: This article "Body composition monitors lead releases" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.