- Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 14:05
New units have enhanced moisturizing features, stimulate hair growth and are suitable for travel.
- Hair care: Negative-ion generation is a common feature of China-made models. Units with such capability produce hydroxyl ions that render water less alkaline, thereby relaxing and moisturizing the hair. Some of the latest variants also emit IR rays, which stimulate blood circulation that leads to faster hair growth.
- Travel-friendly designs: Emphasizing portability, suppliers are launching rechargeable and foldable versions. Companies are releasing dual-voltage dryers as well, eliminating the need for electricity converters when going to different countries.
- User convenience & safety: Several models come with 360-degree rotating bases to prevent power cords from being entangled during operation. Others have mouths, concentrators and head housings insulated with nylon, rubber or PU to prevent burn injuries.
- Price forecast: Quotes are expected to go up between 3 and 8 percent in the next half-year. This can attributed to mounting material and labor spending.
Anionte International (Zhejiang) Co. Ltd
Description: Two speed, three heat settings; cool-shot function; CE, GS, ETL
Dongguan Bidisco Electric Co. Ltd
Description: Nylon housing; 3m power cord with US plug; 28.5x9x23.5cm
Foshan Shunde Onlap Plastic & Electrical Co. Ltd
Model: OL 1280
Description: 1,600W; GS, CE, RoHS, EMC
Taizhou Rongda Beauty & Barber Co. Ltd
Description: Two speed, four heat settings; cool-shot, ionic functions
UPO Beauty Ltd
Description: Two speed, four heat settings; AC motor; cool-shot function; 160 C maximum temperature; 3m power cable; CE, ETL
Zhejiang Starway Electric Co. Ltd
Description: Two speed, three heat settings; cool-shot function; ceramic, overheating protection; CE, CB, GS, ETL
Note: This article "Hair dryer makers prioritize user health, portability" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.