- Published on Thursday, 19 December 2013 14:53
More products adopt brushless motors for reduced wear and tear, longer service life and lower noise.
- Small but growing line: No more than 10 percent of China's pump systems run on solar energy. But the share will continue to increase on the back of the government’s subsidy to the solar industry.
- Typical inclusions: Products from China consist of the pump, controller, solar panels and brackets. The pump runs on either AC or DC, the former type bundled with an inverter that is usually in a controller box. DC pumps are used for small or midsize applications with 2W to 2kW power at 6 to 36V and 4 to 75L/min water flow. AC pumps are rated at 2 to 6kW and 110 to 380V, with a water flow rate exceeding 500L/min. The vertical lift of both types is 1 to 100m, and service life 3 to 10yr.
- Monocrystalline panels lead: Over 80 percent of systems use this type, and the rest are based on polycrystalline variants. The panels are made in-house or sourced domestically. The conversion rate of local inputs now reaches 19 percent, 2 percent higher than three years ago.
- Brushless motors popular: For the pump, more new models utilize brushless motors instead of brushed kinds to reduce wear and tear and consequently, extend the pump’s service life. The former also reduce the noise to below 35dB. Some releases adopt isolation motors that can be used underwater.
- Applications: Products are designed for garden fountains, landscaping, livestock drinking water and small irrigation projects. Some high-power models of above 100kW are suitable for large-area irrigation and are compatible with universal-type AC motors.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Monocrystalline panels lead small but expanding solar pump systems line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.