- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:06
Recent releases come with monocrystalline PV panels, NiMH batteries and DMX controllers.
- More efficient PV panels: Monocrystalline silicon modules with conversion rates exceeding 18 percent are adopted in several China-made solar string lights. In contrast, the panels used in previous variants had efficiency levels ranging from 17 to 18 percent.
- NiMH batteries: Two 1,000mAh NiMH batteries are utilized instead of 300 to 600mAh versions to extend the operating time per charge. These provide power for 15 hours of steady illumination or 30 hours of flashing light.
- Value added: Upscale models employ DMX controllers that enable automatic shut-off and various lighting effects, including color changes. The control box and wires of such systems are water- and weather-resistant, usually reaching IP44 specifications.
- Sales outlook: Suppliers foresee export sales this year remaining at the same level as 2011 or declining slightly due to the economic crunch in the EU.
- Price forecast: Product quotes are expected to be relatively stable in coming months. Increases due to the yuan’s appreciation will be kept within 5 percent.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "New solar string lights highlight greater efficiency" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.