- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:03
Metal designs are increasing. Several recent releases adopt electronic features.
- Wider metal selection: Bathroom faucet suppliers are adding more stainless steel and brass models to the product range as the shift upmarket continues. Output of low-end plastic models has gone down about 10 percent YoY.
- Adoption of electronic technologies: Sensors are integrated in several recent releases for automatic user detection and flow control. Units with embedded LEDs that change color depending on the water temperature are also increasing. Such products usually emit a blue light for conditions below 30 C, green for 30 to 39 C, and red for 40 C and higher.
- More durable surface treatment: Some enterprises are adopting three-layer electroplating for greater resistance against abrasion and corrosion. Models with this feature can withstand more than 200 hours of salt-mist testing.
- Imported cartridges: Several makers are using ceramic cartridges from Germany, Italy and other overseas sources to extend their products’ service life. Designs with these devices support 250,000 opening and closing cycles.
- Price forecast: Suppliers see quotes being relatively stable for the rest of the year.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Bathroom faucet suppliers widen upscale lineup" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.