- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 10:01
Makers are adopting new blade structures and materials to enhance product performance.
- New blade structures: China suppliers of wind power systems are adopting blade designs other than the traditional arrow and triangle types to boost product performance under various weather conditions. Sliding railway constructions help reduce cut-in and rated speed by at least 10 percent. Some companies are structuring blades to catch wind from several directions.
- Composite materials: More makers are replacing aluminum alloy blades with versions made of fiberglass and other composite materials. Besides reducing overall weight from more than 30 to 6kg, adoption of the inputs results in a noise level of only 35dB instead of 50 to 65dB. Fiberglass and carbon fiber blades also have a longer service life of 25 to 30 years, in contrast to the 15-year specification of most aluminum alloy versions.
- Smart technologies: Microcomputer-controlled charging systems and automatic brakes are incorporated in the latest releases for protection against short circuit, and overvoltage, -charge and -discharge.
- Durable surface treatment: Marine-grade powder coating is applied on metal parts to enhance rust and corrosion resistance in different weather conditions.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Performance upgrades lead R&D agenda for wind power systems" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.