- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 09:59
New semi- and fully automatic models offer various cuts and speed settings.
- Increased automation: China suppliers of metal-cutting band saws are coming up with more semi- and fully automatic models. Makers are adopting electronic technologies such as PLCs and touchscreens to boost performance, especially in terms of precision and versatility.
- Enhanced functionality: A number of recent releases have tables that can be tilted -45 to 60 degrees for angled cuts. Variable speed settings allow these machines to process metal of different hardness and thickness. Some models can slice through glass.
- User-friendly features: For operator convenience, many designs allow adjustment of table height. Certain units have built-in coolant systems that inject fluid through the saw guide arm to wash away buildup and keep the blade constantly lubricated. Several machines are also fitted with an emergency stop switch in case of accidents.
- Price forecast: Suppliers foresee no significant increases in the quotes of metal-cutting band saws for the rest of the year since steel rates are expected to remain stable.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Automated, user-friendly models expand selection of metal-cutting band saws" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.