- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:50
New kits contain smaller, more visually appealing implements.
- Promotional models: Garden tool set manufacturers in China are expanding selections for use as premiums. In line with this, many are coming up with implements 10 to 15 percent smaller than conventional designs. Such pieces are usually packed in carry bags with exterior pockets for the tools, while the main compartment can hold seeds, fertilizers and other supplies.
- Aesthetic enhancements: For greater visual appeal, makers are opting for corrosion-resistant stainless steel tool heads. In the high end, some enterprises are employing ceramic handles. Wooden types are varnished to highlight the natural grain.
- Ergonomic upgrades: Tool handles are designed for a natural grip. In the midrange and high end, nonslip TPR grips are utilized. Several upscale pieces are padded with gel for greater comfort.
- More inclusions: Apart from a fork, trowel and rake, some makers are packing in specialized implements such as transplanters, cultivators and pruning shears to differentiate models. Kneelers, twist tie dispensers and gloves are bundled in a number of kits as well.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "R&D geared toward promotional garden tool sets" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.