- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 09:46
Recent releases are smaller, lighter and come with several attachments for various landscaping jobs.
- Compact & lightweight designs: Garden tiller suppliers in China are expanding selections for residential gardens, lawns and other small landscaping jobs to boost sales. Many new models feature compact structures that weigh at least 30 percent less than those for farming applications. Using aluminum alloy instead of steel parts, some are as light as 13kg.
- Multiple functions: Units are bundled with various attachments to enhance versatility. Several companies are offering models with accessories for mowing, trimming, edging and shoveling snow. A few are incorporating tools for weeding, digging furrows, soil aeration, irrigating and dethatching.
- Electric models: Gasoline-powered tillers currently dominate output, but versions using electricity are on the rise. New variants include 280W types featuring a cutting width of 150mm.
- Gear-drive units: Many enterprises are opting for a gear-driven transmission system instead of a chain- or belt-driven one for efficiency and durability. Versions in the latest models support various forward and reverse speed modes.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Spotlight on compact, multifunction tillers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.