- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 09:40
Recent releases combine flat plates and evacuated tubes for better performance-to-price ratios.
- Hybrid designs: Several solar collector suppliers in China are integrating flat plates and evacuated tubes in a single structure. In such products, the former systems warm the water to a certain temperature, while the vacuum-tube structure makes it hotter. This arrangement combines the advantages of the two systems.
- Product upgrades: To boost the efficiency of conventional and hybrid models, a few enterprises are employing titanium-nitride-oxide and Bluetec coatings, which have better absorption and lower emission ratings than traditional options. For insulation, 50mm-thick PU foam is utilized to reduce heat loss. Designs employing these technologies feature efficiency levels exceeding 50 percent even in -50 C conditions.
- More durable structures: Ultrasonic and laser welding systems are used to ensure products can withstand various environments. Most designs are resistant to 25mm-diameter hail stones.
- Sales outlook: In 2H12, suppliers see revenue from overseas shipments growing 15 to 20 percent YoY amid strong demand for ‘green’ products.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Hybrid solar collectors gaining traction" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.