- Published on Thursday, 26 January 2012 14:44
Makers are rolling out models that emit brighter light and last longer.
- Wider selection: Halogen bulb makers are expanding selections to reach more markets. Capitalizing on the product’s inherent brightness and color rendering capability, many are releasing models for illuminating offices, factories, supermarkets, railway stations, airports and other public areas.
- Greater efficiency: At several companies, R&D efforts are geared toward boosting luminous efficacy to enhance the competitiveness of their models in target segments. New 18W bulbs can generate 12.2 lm/W, allowing these to replace 25W units released two years ago.
- Enhanced durability: For improved reliability and longevity, shatter-resistant glass is employed in more releases.
- Price forecast: Quotes are expected to increase 5 to 10 percent in coming months, driven by higher production outlay and the appreciation of the yuan.
- Sales projection: Export revenue is anticipated to grow at least 10 percent in 2012.
Changzhou Aladdin Lighting & Electric Co. Ltd
Description: 1,500 to 2,000hr service life; E27 or B22 base; ErP
Jinhua Dongsheng Trade Co. Ltd
Model: GLS 40W Glear B22
Description: 2,800K; 1,500hr service life; aluminum G9 base; class C rating; CE, RoHS, TÜV
Jiangsu Haiya Trade Co. Ltd
Description: 300W; 120V; 7,800 lumens; 3,400K; 75hr service life; GX6.35 base
Linyi Yuhang Lighting Electric Appliance Co. Ltd
Description: 28W; 0.12A; 300 to 360 lumens; 12.1 lm/W; E27 or B22 base
Ningbo Solars Lighting Electrics Co. Ltd
Description: R7S base; for indoor and outdoor lighting
Shanghai Wellmax Lighting Industry Co. Ltd
Description: 10, 20, 35, 50 or 75W; 2,800 or 4,200K
Note: This article "Performance upgrades in halogen bulbs top R&D agenda" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.