- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 10:25
The latest models have higher luminous efficacy ratings and better heat dissipation.
- Greater efficiency: Aiming for a wider market, LED bulb suppliers in China are improving the luminous efficacy of their models to suit a range of applications. Taking advantage of advancements in solid-state lighting and related technologies, manufacturers have developed variants rated more than four times efficient than standard incandescent lamps. New 5.5W diode-fitted designs are being marketed as replacements for 40W units of the latter.
- Longer life span: Besides boosting lighting performance, companies are improving heat dissipation to extend service life and enhance lumen maintenance. Under this effort, several enterprises are replacing metal bases with versions made of ceramic or a composite. A number of new designs feature a life span of 80,000hr or longer.
- Sales projection: Most interviewed companies expect a 15 to 20 percent increase in export revenue this year. Orders from new destinations and rising demand for energy-saving lighting products are anticipated to fuel growth.
- Price forecast: Quotes are projected to go up by about 5 percent in the next 12 months due to the appreciation of the yuan and rising outlay.
IBE Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 230 to 260 lumens; 4W; 2.2Ah rechargeable lithium battery; 4hr charging, 6 to 7hr operating time
Qingdao Hengqing Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 40 or 60 3014 SMD LEDs; 500±5% lumens; 300±10% lux; 4 or7W; 6,000 to 6,000K, white
Shenzhen Ginlee Photoelectricity Co. Ltd
Model: GL-F70-10WS2-1 WW
Description: 748 lumens; 10W; E27 base; >30,000hr service life
Shenzhen Rise Optoelectronics Co. Ltd
Description: Dimmable; Edison or Epistar LEDs; 700 to 800 lumens; 9W; 2,700 to 7,000K; >75Ra
Shenzhen Upstar Lighting Co. Ltd
Description: 2,700 to 6,500K; E27, E26 or B22 base; 3-year warranty; CE, RoHS
Xiamen Werun Technology Corp.
Description: 4 or 6W; >0.75 power factor; >70, 75, 80 or 85 CRI; E27 base; 60mm diameter
Note: This article "LED bulbs enable more energy savings" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.