- Published on Monday, 23 April 2012 14:33
Recent releases comprise standards-compliant designs for various applications.
- Monitored models: China suppliers are offering more electric strikes with monitoring switches that can show door and lock status or trigger an alarm. A number of units are specifically designed to work with card and biometric access control systems.
- Target applications: Many enterprises are developing models for wood and metal doors. Most are aiming for greater penetration of the residential segment, but several are also expanding selections for office buildings and other commercial areas. The latter units typically have a holding force of at least 3,000 pounds, which is guaranteed for up to five years.
- Standards-compliant designs: Products are designed according to the requirements of target markets. At many companies, ANSI, CE and RoHS specifications are followed.
- Price & sales forecasts: Quotes of China-made electric strikes are expected to increase 5 to 10 percent in coming months to cover higher manufacturing outlay. In terms of export revenue, suppliers are anticipating up to 15 percent growth.
Crypton Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: Painted steel faceplate; built-in MOV; 12VDC; 800kg holding force; 124x32x36mm; for 90-degree swinging wood, metal and plastic doors
Foshan City LCJ Electric Locks Fty
Model: Electric Strike OC3401
Description: 250kg holding force; 3W; 12VDC; 240mA; 149x28x35mm; 600,000 cycles
Shanghai SOMB Intelligent Engineering Co. Ltd
Description: Stainless steel; built-in voltage spike suppressor; 12VDC; 149x39x35mm; CE
Shenzhen Junson Security Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Painted steel faceplate; built-in MOV; 800kg holding force
Wenzhou Beck Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: Stainless steel panel; 12VDC; 0.24 or 0.5A; 148x28x31mm; CE, RoHS
Zhenjiang Hi-Way Imp. & Exp. Co. Ltd
Description: 12VDC; 120 or 240mA; 160x25x32mm
Note: This article "Monitored electric strikes take center stage" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.