- Published on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 10:18
Suppliers are releasing stronger, more water-resistant designs with floral prints and other patterns.
- Greater durability: Targeting upscale residences and commercial establishments, ceramic tile makers in China are exploring new body slip formulations and higher firing temperatures to yield stronger, more water-resistant pieces. Most new models rate 6 or 7 on the Mohs hardness scale, and a few releases reach 8. In terms of water or moisture absorption, variants with ratings of 0.08 percent and below are already available.
- More aesthetic options: Visual appeal also continues to be a major consideration in product development. Designs simulating the look and texture of natural wood, marble or granite remain popular. Some enterprises have introduced versions with a digitally printed or handpainted jade, floral, fruit or animal pattern.
- Price forecast: Quotes are expected to increase 5 to 10 percent in 2H12. Adjustments are attributed to higher labor and raw material costs.
- Export outlook: Suppliers see demand from the EU and North America remaining flat. To boost sales, many intend to explore business opportunities in Eastern Europe, South America and Asia.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Decorative ceramic tiles in more durable structures" was originally published by Global Sources,a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.