- Published on Thursday, 19 December 2013 15:55
Wood-free sheets remain the top “green” trend in notebooks line.
- Inner pages: Wood-free paper dominates "green" material options. This can be derived from cotton, bamboo, sugarcane and reed fibers. Recycled paper is also among the popular environment-friendly alternatives. Although the sheets produced from these materials do not have the same whiteness as virgin wood pulp variants, their adoption helps conserve forest resources. Some makers are also using chlorine-free paper. The input comes from virgin timber that is not bleached with chlorine.
- Strong, water-resistant covers: Suppliers use art paper weighing 200gsm or heavier. This is often laminated with PP film to withstand moisture. Leather is another popular material.
- Added features:Pen and name card holders are typical inclusions. Some have covers with pockets for displaying photos. Calculators and USB flash drives can be bundled in as well.
- Size, binding, closure: The mainstream dimensions are 14x10.5, 12.4x16.3, 16.8x22.6 or 21x13cm. The pages can glued or saddle-stitched, or may be attached via spiral or double-O wires. As regards closures, elastic bands and buttons are common. A number of designs also have coded locks.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Wood-free eco-friendly notebooks mainstream" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.