- Published on Tuesday, 17 September 2013 16:38
Makers offer an expanded lineup in whimsical contours to differentiate themselves from industry rivals.
- Assorted lineup: China makers offer a wide range of nonelectronic party favors, the most popular of which are clappers, air horns, glow sticks, blowouts, balloons and whistles. Wearables, toys and table centerpieces are also available. Products usually come in packages containing different items.
- Fancy shapes: Competing in a homogenous line, companies are launching models in unconventional contours to stand out. Balloons, for instance, come in fruit, animal and geometrical shapes. Some even incorporate fragrances. Glow sticks, meanwhile, can be bent to resemble cartoon characters and beer bottles.
- Simple packaging: Blister cards and PP bags are the common options. In general, manufacturers do not invest much in packaging as the majority of releases are disposable.
- Product safety: Some high-end products utilize nontoxic and environment-friendly materials. A number of upscale trumpets, for example, have replaceable mouthpieces made of food-grade silicone. The parts are often polished to prevent mouth injuries and sterilized before packaging.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Diverse selection, fancy contours stimulate party favors line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.