- Published on Tuesday, 13 August 2013 11:30
Makers raise durability via adoption of thicker and water-resistant inputs, while specialized compartments facilitate organization.
- Material: Cardboard with a density of 200 to 2,500gsm is the input of choice for many suppliers. Makers also adopt 200 to 650gsm art paper, with 200 to 400gsm variants often used for the core. Some models utilize kraft and recycled paper.
- Improved durability: For increased strength and water resistance, items are laminated with PVC or PP. These can have a matte or glossy finish. Companies likewise employ up to 3,000gsm cardboard with a thickness of at least 3mm. A number of designs have edges with aluminum protectors to make them less prone to folds and wrinkling.
- Easy organization: Many of the latest releases come with multiple document compartments, name card slots, and notepad and CD pockets. Versions featuring metal ring binders or clips for securing contents are offered as well.
- Nature themes: Popular designs include green grass, blue skies and verdant forests. Kraft models often come in their natural brown color, enhancing the "green" appeal.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Paper file folder suppliers prioritize strength, user convenience" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.