- Published on Monday, 15 July 2013 17:35
The adoption of imported and thermo-sensitive ink enhances erasability, while tungsten carbide balls result in smoother writing.
- Ink options: Suppliers employ inputs from local, Japan or Germany providers. China-made ink yields imprints that can be removed by a rubber eraser in 2 to 24hr, while those from some imported variants can be erased anytime. Companies are also adopting thermo-sensitive ink, the marks of which disappear when the temperature reaches 60 C and become visible again at -10 C. Foreign materials usually have writing lengths 300 to 400m longer than domestically procured inputs.
- Ball materials: Tungsten carbide remains the dominant choice as it withstands scratches and rusting, and prevents leaks better than stainless steel. Makers of upscale pens also utilize ceramic for smoother writing.
- Housing: ABS and PC are the popular barrel materials. These can be easily molded into various shapes and are suitable for different logo printing methods. Metal, including aluminum, zinc alloy and brass, is sometimes used in more expensive pieces. Models are available in capped, twist or retractable configurations.
- User comfort: Businesses are incorporating nonslip TPR grips for easy grasping. A number of high-end erasable pens feature silicone padding, which is soft and hypoallergenic.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Erasable ballpoint pen makers emphasize writing fluency, better erasability" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.