- Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 17:20
The latest releases can be attached to e-book readers and have improved water-resistance.
- Compatibility with portable devices: With the growing popularity of e-book readers such as Amazon’s Kindle Fire, makers are rolling out variants that can be attached to these gadgets. They are also improving water resistance by creating molds that need fewer assembled parts, thereby avoiding crevices.
- Novelty shapes: To escape the price wars in the low end, suppliers are enhancing visual appeal and product differentiation by offering versions in nontraditional contours. Cartoon figures are among the commonly adopted themes.
- Travel-friendly models: Upscale book lights will include built-in rechargeable Li-ion batteries and chargers. The current lineup utilizes disposable dry or button cells. With regard to construction, some releases are foldable, facilitating storage and portability.
- Price forecast: An increase of 10 percent is expected due to worsening inflation in China. This has caused mold making, polishing and shipping outlay to climb as well. Aside from rising manufacturing costs, labor spending soared more than 20 percent in the past year.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "R&D enhancements on book lights line center on functionality"was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade withChina manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazinesandtrade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.