- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 17:12
Enhancements center on electronic features and novelty shapes.
- Electronic features: Makers are offering more items with light functions for added value, thereby avoiding the stiff price competition in basic versions. The use of flashing LEDs, in particular, is expected to climb in the months ahead. Some models are in rainbow colors.
- Novelty designs: A number of the latest releases come in shapes that also reflect nontraditional motifs. For instance, a horn may be fashioned into a basketball, football or dog. Flashing sticks are available in bottle contours. Blowouts can resemble cartoon figures.
- Safety compliance: Suppliers will increase output of models that conform to EN 71 and FDA stipulations. This is in response to requirements in primary markets such as the US and the EU.
- Price forecast: Companies predict markups of 5 to 10 percent due mainly to China’s persisting inflation problem. Worker outlay alone soared more than 20 percent in the past year. This affects the labor-intensive industry significantly as such costs account for over half of production spending. Shipping expenses have risen as well.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Flashy exteriors lead party favors' updates"was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade withChina manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines andtrade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.