- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 17:06
Rhinestone and enamel trimmings differentiate upscale models.
- Highly decorative designs: Makers increase product differentiation and value by using elaborate rhinestone and enamel patterns in multiple colors, particularly in upscale metal buckles. Engraving is also adopted.
- Nontoxic surface treatment: Suppliers will use lead- and nickel-free paint on plastic models. This is in response to growing ecological awareness worldwide.
- Increased color precision: Companies inspect buckles visually at least twice to ensure hue accuracy. Some employ two layers of chrome plating for high-end versions to achieve the right tint.
- Metal as primary material: Zinc and copper alloy, and bronze are increasingly used because they are widely available in China and therefore easy to source. Among the three variants, the first costs the least to process and requires only 500 C. This input has the right hardness and is easy to fashion into any shape. It is suitable for in-mold designs, laser engraving, silk-screening and pad transfer printing. Copper alloy is more expensive and is largely for upscale releases. It necessitates more than 1,000 C. Bronze is softer and preferred for classic styles in the high end.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Ornate metal promotional buckles draw attention" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.