- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 16:39
More releases in nontraditional shapes are in the foreground.
- Atypical shapes: Releases in novelty themes account for 40 percent of China’s output. This share is expected to reach 45 percent next year. Some designs resemble cartoon characters, bullets, tires and drops of water. With the various colors and contours, the desk clocks can be used as tabletop decorations as well. Models that double as flowerpots are also available.
- Increased functionality: Suppliers predict units that have a color-changing LED backlight, a projector and weather updates will become more popular in the months ahead. A number of products will be able to connect to smartphones via Bluetooth. These features-laden versions target upscale markets.
- Emphasis on the low end: At least half of output comprises analog and basic digital releases. Since the selection is for promotional use, simple and affordable alternatives are still mainstream.
- Price projection: Quotes of digital promotional desk clocks will increase 13 to 15 percent, while analog counterparts will be 10 to 12 percent more expensive. These markups are brought about by climbing labor, raw material and logistics costs, and the inflation in China.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Novelty, multifunction promotional desk clocks emphasized"was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.