- Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 14:33
Multicolor PU leather variants and blends are raising visual appeal.
- PU leather still dominates: The input accounts for at least 85 percent of China’s supply and will continue to be the top choice in coming months. This synthetic alternative yields an aesthetic quality similar to genuine leather but costs 20 to 30 percent less. It is also easy to source domestically.
- Finer craftsmanship: Suppliers are paying greater attention to detail to ensure exposed stitching lines are straight and have an even length. Knots, on the other hand, have to be hidden. In releases with glue, companies prevent the adhesive from exceeding the edges but make sure a sufficient amount is used.
- Use of combination materials: In boosting product differentiation, makers are mixing different inputs to offer fresh designs. For instance, PVC is blended with PU. Other releases may employ PU leather variants in diverse colors to achieve a look with two or more tones.
- Price increase: A markup of 10 percent is expected in the next half-year due mainly to rising labor and shipping costs, inflation in China and the yuan’s appreciation. Worker outlay alone has climbed 15 percent since the beginning of 2012.
Fujian Huamin Import and Export Co. Ltd
Description: PU leather; geometric pattern; for 4R photos
Fuzhou Sunrise Creation Co. Ltd
Description: PVC-PU leather; holds three photos; 18x22x1.5cm
Ningbo Hongshun Co. Ltd
Description: PU leather; checkered pattern; for 4R photos
Qingdao Yinlongfei Handicraft Co. Ltd
Description: PU leather; white exposed stitching; for 4R photos; BSCI
Shantou Nanheng Industrial Co. Ltd
Description: 0.8mm-thick PVC leather; hinged diptych; 25.9x16.8x1.4cm
Xiangjie Enterprise Ltd
Description: PU leather; white exposed stitching; for 5R photos
Note: This article "Leather photo frame makers highlight polished details, mixed materials" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.