- Published on Tuesday, 30 October 2012 09:29
Improvements in functionality and aesthetics propel the line.
- Digital releases: Cameras with 100,000-pixel to 2MP resolution, 16MB RAM and 30s video recording are expected to grow in number. Aesthetics will remain a priority in this segment.
- Extra functions: Makers are incorporating sequential shooting capability and water resistance in film cameras. Multilens units can capture up to four photos consecutively. Some operate even while submerged as deep as 4m. IR sensors allow use at night time or low-light conditions.
- Film models: Although suppliers foresee steadily declining demand for this type, the category remains appealing to niche markets because of its price advantage. The more than $10 difference between analog and digital versions, however, is expected to shrink as the cost of producing the latter diminishes.
- Novelty motifs: Rectangular configurations still dominate output, but more designs in unusual contours such as cartoon and teddy bear will be launched. A few adopt a keychain construction. Without modifying their shape, some pieces are given a fresh look by rearranging the lenses to form a smiley or the mouth of an animal.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article " Promotional camera industry's digital shift escalates, multilens film units thrive " was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.