- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:38
Makers combine comfort and aesthetics by launching elastic and smooth seamless designs.
- Better materials: Nylon is the top choice for most suppliers because it has better elasticity and smoothness than polyester and cotton. The fabric can also come in brighter colors. For improved stretch, it is often blended with spandex. Some companies adopt functional textiles for enhanced moisture wicking and sweat absorption.
- Seamless, one-piece designs: More makers are launching seamless knitted underwear. These machine-fabricated models may come with jacquard and openwork patterns. One-piece versions are likewise gaining ground. Such lightweight and close-fitting designs have glued rather than lock-stitched edges to avoid scratching the skin.
- Lace models: Traditionally used as embellishments, lace has become one of the main materials for the line, especially for women’s bras and panties.
- Decorative stitches: Some companies have invested in 4-needle 6-line spell sewing machines, which can create elaborate decorative stitches.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Nylon-spandex, seamless women's underwear sets robust" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.