- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:23
Polyester models designed to highlight the curves banner gowns $45 or less.
- Polyester designs dominate: The textile tops material options as it is lightweight and inexpensive yet durable. Chiffon, organza, taffeta, satin and lace are the common weaves. The first two, in particular, are expected to be strong this year. A number of models adopt leather or silk for the bodice.
- Diverse styles: Slim-fitting designs that highlight the curves are drawing attention. Dresses with tight tops and bouffant bottoms are likewise popular. These may be strapless, sleeveless or with lace sleeves, and have sweetheart or round necklines. Most skirts are knee-, ankle- or floor-length. Makers are launching high-low gowns with shorts fronts as well.
- Ornate releases: Rhinestones, beads and sequins are often incorporated to boost aesthetics. Many designs feature narrow waists that are pleated or bandaged. The necklines can be ruffled, while the skirts may have flounces or chiffon layers.
- Additional elements: Several businesses are releasing dresses with built-in bras and matching shawls to boost competitiveness.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Slim-fitting, polyester cocktail dresses gain popularity" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.