- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:33
The latest men's underwear features a smoother contour, and comes in comfort- and performance-boosting materials.
- Less stitching: Makers will be increasing output of men’s seamless briefs in the years ahead. Such designs are popular because they fit the body better and the smoother surface helps reduce chafing. Factories utilize computerized knitting machines to produce these variants.
- Comfort-, performance-boosting materials: Suppliers continue adopting cotton and modal to ensure releases are soft and breathable. Several models come in functional fabrics such as Tactel and Coolmax for improved durability and added value. The former input is lightweight and dries faster than cotton, while Coolmax creates moisture-wicking underwear. Versions incorporating bamboo rayon are anti-bacterial.
- Neutral hues: White, black, gray and navy blue remain the top color choices for men’s briefs.
- Price & sales forecasts: Some businesses plan to raise quotes by 5 to 7 percent in coming months to cover high labor costs. As regards exports, companies are seeing up to 10 percent growth in revenue. A few suppliers will boost shipments to South America and Southeast Asia.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Seamless briefs gain traction" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.