- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:32
Using polyester thread and taking small purchases are some of the measures companies adopt to improve sales.
- Cost-effective but durable materials: Makers are employing polyester thread in their latest releases as it is the most economical option. The synthetic is nearly 70 percent less expensive than viscose, another commonly utilized yarn variant. In addition, polyester has a higher dry strength value at 3.8 to 5.3 compared with viscose’s 2 to 2.5. The input is often colored using disperse dyes.
- Small MOQ, shorter delivery time: To attract buyers, many suppliers are accepting orders between 100 and 500 pieces. Purchases are usually delivered to clients in five to seven days.
- Range of designs: While corporate emblems and logos account for a sizeable portion of the industry’s output, a large number of recent styles emphasize floral, animal and cartoon character motifs. These are intended as trimming for garments, bags, shoes, caps and other fashion accessories.
- Stable prices, reduced sales: Quotes are projected to stay the same in the next six months despite fluctuating costs. As regards exports, companies are forecasting up to 20 percent drop in revenue because of stagnant demand.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Low-cost inputs, small MOQ to bolster margins of embroidered patch suppliers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.