- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:29
Makers are adopting the alloy for its surface finish and slower deterioration.
- Use of stainless steel: The material is a popular choice because it is naturally glossy, durable, and resistant to rust, corrosion and discoloration. These properties eliminate the need for a protective overlay.
- Monitoring heavy-metal content: Many plants are opting for nickel-free plating, although this pushes up costs. In addition, makers have their releases tested by SGS or other third-party organizations to ensure that lead and cadmium levels are within acceptable quantities.
- Focus on domestic market: Garment hook manufacturers in China cater primarily to apparel factories in the country. They also supply the fasteners to trading companies. Businesses exporting products directly often allot less than 10 percent of output to overseas clients, with the US and Europe as the main destinations.
- Price & sales forecasts: Because the line is not significantly affected by changes in material outlay, quotes will remain unchanged in the months ahead. Most suppliers expect annual revenue to be the same as the year before.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Stainless steel garment hooks mainstay" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.