- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 16:26
Textiles undergo chemical treatments to gain functional qualities such as static resistance and enhanced moisture absorption.
- Stronger, functional variants: Warp-knitted terry fabrics are gaining ground because the procedure is said to yield more durable textiles. Products undergo alkali treatments for enhanced fluffiness, air permeability and static resistance. Some factories add chemical agents that make releases moisture-absorbent or quick-drying at the dyeing stage.
- Use of local materials: Domestically sourced yarns are preferred as they are more economical, therefore allowing manufacturers to provide lower prices. In comparison, the rates of imported versions are at least 20 percent higher.
- Environment-friendly coloring: Suppliers adopt fibers processed using ecologically safe disperse dyes. Midsize and large companies conduct the procedure in-house, while small operations usually subcontract to specialist plants.
- Price forecast: Quotes are generally expected to remain unchanged in coming months. The declining cost of materials is one factor. Another is the slow overseas demand, which may prompt businesses to bring rates down at a later time.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Durability, technical properties highlighted in latest terry fabrics" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.