- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 15:19
Makers are employing various constructions of cotton, silk and polyester to yield models suitable for different seasons.
- Fabric variety: China suppliers are adopting skin-friendly, moisture-absorbent and warmth-retentive materials in recently launched robes. They also choose textiles appropriate for specific seasons. Summer designs come mostly in cotton, cotton-silk and other lightweight fabrics, while those for spring and fall are made of polyester satin, velour or fleece. Winter variants have a cotton or T/C shell, polyester padding and pile textile lining.
- Colors & patterns: Blue, pink, gray, and camel and coffee brown are currently popular. As regards motifs, florals, plaids, hearts and animal-skin themes such as leopard spots and tiger stripes are still trendy. The decoration can be allover or localized.
- Price forecast: Quotes will likely remain unchanged in the next six months. While material costs are going down, companies expect labor outlay to escalate further and the yuan to continue gaining strength.
- Sales projections: Banking on an expanded clientele, manufacturers anticipate 2012 revenue from foreign transactions to increase between 10 and 20 percent.
Cinetex Mfg Inc.
Description: Women’s robe; 55:45 silk-cotton; woven; shawl collar; floral print; sizes S to XL; polybag packaging
King Hwa Dee Textile Co. Ltd
Description: Women’s robe; 100% polyester coral fleece; 280gsm; knitted; shawl collar; custom print
Mayfair Accessories International Ltd
Description: Women’s robe; 100% polyester coral fleece; shawl collar; custom print; sizes S to XXL
Qingdao Fantex Clothing Co. Ltd
Description: Men’s robe; 100% polyester coral fleece; 260gsm; knitted; shawl collar; printed plaid; sizes S to XL; polybag packaging
Qingdao Textiles Group Apparel Co. Ltd
Description: Men’s robe; 100% cotton or CVC; coral fleece or velour lining
Qingdao Ying Tex Co. Ltd
Description: Women’s hooded robe; 100% polyester coral fleece; printed pattern; sizes S to XXL
Note: This article "Broad material options expand robes selection" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.