- Published on Friday, 06 December 2013 17:30
The latest releases allow for improved aeration and withstand heavy moisture.
- Increased ventilation: Most products have a foam-laminated mesh backing, creating a 2 to 3cm space between the user's back and the bag to allow moist air to escape. The latest releases adopt PVC-coated mesh fabric, increasing the distance to 5 or 6cm for enhanced aeration.
- Improved water resistance: More suppliers are replacing the traditional PU or PVC coating with TPU lamination and moisture-resistant tape, raising water resistance from 800 to 1,500mm to between 2,000 and 5,000mm. Companies are also launching ultrasonic welded backpacks. Such seamless designs prevent wetness from seeping in.
- Specialized compartments: Many items come with an interior sleeve for holding iPads, laptops and other personal electronics. This is often foam-padded to protect the gadgets. Models with hydration bladders are also gaining in popularity. The typical capacity is 2 or 3L.
- Lightweight, versatile: To reduce weight, makers are using thinner materials such as 190 tex nylon and eliminating the padding. These backpacks, which are designed for short hikes, are foldable and can hold 14 to 35L. Versions that can be converted into waist and shoulder bags are available as well.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Hiking backpack makers enhance user comfort, convenience" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.