- Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 15:55
Makers are launching touchscreen pairs, which enable users to operate capacitive panels on mobile phones and tablet PCs.
- Touchscreen gloves: Suppliers are releasing models with 1sqcm of conductive area on the thumb and index finger. This allows users to operate capacitive panels on mobile phones, cameras and tablet PCs without exposing hands to the cold. Products are often made of acrylic or polyester, with silver or copper filaments blended in the active zones.
- Opera pairs: Following runway trends for fall/winter, long designs extending beyond the elbow are gaining attention. Makers offer such styles in polyester satin and leather. Models are embellished with bows, buttons, rhinestones or embroidery.
- Low-end & midrange emphasis: Products in these price segments will dominate output in the months ahead because of slowing demand in the EU. They will utilize acrylic, polyester and nylon-wool blends, which are comfortable, soft and quick-drying.
- Price & sales forecasts: Quotes are set to increase 5 to 10 percent until year-end due to swelling manufacturing costs. Most companies forecast flat revenue. A few even expect 10 percent negative growth.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Conductive knitted gloves expand selection" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.