- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 15:52
The best-sellers include beanies, trapper hats and turbans made of acrylic yarn.
- Knitted variants: Headwear made of looped yarns account for the majority of output. Acrylic is the mainstream material because it is a less expensive but equally warmth-retentive alternative to wool. For a style update, suppliers are adding polyester fur lining and trimmings. Real animal hair is seldom used due to cost and environmental concerns.
- Brimless designs: The most popular variants are beanies and trapper hats. These are decorated with acrylic, wool or faux fur pompoms on the crown or dangling from earflaps.
- Colors & patterns: Red, orange, pink and green brighten up neutral winter palettes. Cable and rib stitches provide texture to solid-hued models. Some items sport Aztec and Fair Isle motifs.
- Price & sales forecasts: Acrylic rates are steady, while those for wool have been declining since the beginning of 2012. These factors will keep quotes flat in the next half-year. Companies, however, are enhancing in-house designs to command higher prices. The strategy would help them achieve 10 percent revenue growth in 2013.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Knitted winter hats lead production" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.