- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 14:57
The latest releases are oxfords and bluchers in rich hues and with slim, curved toes.
- Lace-up models prevail: Makers are concentrating on this shoe style because they can match most business and formal suits. Both balmoral and blucher types are available, with strings made of cotton or nylon. Despite this, several companies are launching buckle-adorned loafers that can be worn on both dressy and casual occasions. Such designs are expected to gain favor in the year ahead.
- Dark neutrals: Black and dark brown are still the mainstream colors, although suppliers offer lighter tones of these basic hues. Examples are gray, khaki, caramel, coffee, beige and white.
- Toe shape: Round tips continue to be the most popular shape, but manufacturers are also experimenting with a slightly elongated and pointed silhouette.
- Price & sales outlook: Higher labor costs and the yuan’s appreciation are expected to push up quotes by 5 percent in the next six months. Suppliers interviewed for this report expect flat revenue in 2012 due to weakened demand from Europe and the strong local currency.
Cixi Lookfoot Shoes Co. Ltd
Description: PU uppers, lining, insoles, outsoles; US sizes 7 to 16; European sizes 40 to 46; black or brown
Fascino Group Guangzhou Seasons Shoes Manufacturer Co. Ltd
Description: Genuine leather uppers; pigskin lining, insoles; rubber outsoles
Guangzhou Deyu Import & Export Trade Co. Ltd
Description: Suede uppers; PU lining, insoles; rubber outsoles; sizes 40 to 45
Wenzhou Chaoliu Industry Co. Ltd
Description: PU uppers; pig split lining, insoles; TPR outsoles; sizes 40 to 45; black, brown or other colors
Wenzhou Dacheng Shoes Manufacturer
Description: Genuine leather uppers; pig split lining, insoles; rubber outsoles; sizes 38 to 44; black or brown
Zhejiang Yonchan Trading Co. Ltd
Description: Burnished leather uppers; pigskin, canvas lining; pigskin insoles; rubber outsoles; sizes 40 to 45; black or brown
Note: This article "Classic men's dress shoes get color, shape updates" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.