- Published on Monday, 23 April 2012 13:45
Manufacturers are incorporating functions for analyzing exercise progress.
- Training models: Makers are combining features that enable users to track running or hiking sessions. More timepieces have GPS capability, measure distance and incline, and calculate speed and burned calories. They also monitor heart rate and the number of steps taken. Some even have a dedicated button to prompt the watch to recite feedback. Internet capability enables data sharing. Further, the information can be downloaded to a computer for reviewing progress.
- Legibility: Suppliers are developing designs with larger screens so that users can read facts quickly. To the same end, other companies are incorporating multiple displays for the different functions.
- Popular colors: The latest releases come in contrasting hues. Dark tones such as black and gray are matched with blue, yellow and red.
- Price forecast: Rising material and labor costs will push up quotes 5 percent at most in the next six months. Businesses will also factor in the exchange rate for prices in US dollars, although for buyers that want a pegged value, they can issue quotes in yuan.
Guangdong Neufashion Digital Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Plastic case; silicone band; MediaTek GPS chipset; altimeter
Guangzhou Skmei Watch Co. Ltd
Description: ABS case; PU band; PC 21 movement; CR2016 or SR626 battery; dual time; day, date, alarm
Risun Watch Co. Ltd
Description: ABS case; PU band; CR2032 battery, one each for watch, wireless pulse monitor belt; EL backlight
Shiba Electronics Fty (Spike Watch)
Description: PU band; Japan lithium battery; 12/24hr format; pulse detector, calorie counter, alarm, stopwatch
Shishi Xinjia Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: ABS case; TPU band; stainless steel back, buckle; PMMA crystal; EL backlight; LED flashlight
X.R.F Silicone Rubber Industry Co. Ltd
Description: Silicone case, band; LED display; alarm, stopwatch, night light functions; 3ATM water resistance; 4.5x4.5cm dial, 21x2cm strap
Note: This article "Sports watch suppliers emphasize fitness monitors" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.