- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 13:44
Makers are also integrated HD playback, dual tuners, PVR, and LAN and wireless connectivity.
- Raising receiver quality: To improve product performance, China makers are employing DVB-S2 technology that promises optimized bandwidth use. The latest HD releases adopt chipsets from STMicroelectronics and Broadcom, and TV tuners from Sharp and Thomson for better reception. Receivers with CAS integrate solutions from Conax, Viaccess and Irdeto.
- Adding value: HD playback and Dolby Digital and DTS capability lead the value add-ons in upcoming releases. Many are likewise building in dual tuners, PVR, and LAN and wireless connectivity. PAL, NTSC or SECAM support is available on request.
- Housing design: Black, white and gray continue to be popular. Makers are adding patterns such as cartoons, flowers and national flags on request. ABS, iron, steel and metal alloy are the common material options.
- Price & export forecasts: Quotes are projected to stay at current levels or decrease by 5 percent in 1H12. Some companies expect prices to increase to offset rising labor costs. Overseas revenue will likely be stable or climb by 5 to 10 percent.
Chengdu Jufeng Technology Co. Ltd
Description: HD DVB-S2; HDTV/SDTV; 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i; MPEG-1/2/4, H.264, AC-3, AAC; DiSEqC 1.0/1.2
Newmi Digital Tech Co. Ltd
Model No: DM21S
Description: DVB-S FTA; DVB-Data; MPEG-2; TCP/IP, UDP; DiSEqC 1.0/1.2; EPG, DVR; USB 2.0, LNB I/O ports
Shenzhen Pante Electronics Technology Co. Ltd
Model No: Mini HD Box
Description: HD DVB-S/S2; MPEG-2, H.264; 576p, 720p; 1080i
Shenzhen SDMC Technology Co. Ltd
Model No: DV2101-S2
Description: HD DVB-S2; MPEG-1/2/4, H.264, AC-3; 4576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p; DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2
Singda Industry And Trade Co. Ltd
Model No: HD-S2
Description: HD DVB-S2; MPEG-2, H.264; 480p, 570p, 576i, 720p, 1080i; DiSEqC 1.0/1.1, Unicable 1.2/1.3, USALS
Yao Jin Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd
Model No: DVB-S2 2206
Description: HD DVB-S2; MPEG-2/4, H.264; DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 USALS; up to 64 satellites supported
Note: This article "DVB-S2, value-added satellite TV receivers on the rise" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.