- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 14:14
The latest releases incorporate larger memory and value add-ons.
- Performance upgrades: More China makers are adopting advanced chipsets from Actions, Rockchip, Zoran, Ali and SigmaTel, the last particularly eyed for high-end variants. Companies are likewise expanding the formats supported by their MP3 players. Many are emphasizing audio quality enhancements via technologies such as SRS.
- Larger memory & value add-ons: Although 2, 4 and 8GB models continue to be mainstream, more suppliers are releasing units with 16GB internal NAND flash memory. Upscale kinds integrate touchscreens and buttons, solar power, camera and Bluetooth to raise functionality further.
- Reinforcing portability: Makers are rolling out players in clip-on, necklace and sunglasses designs. The first two are for all types, while the last is for midrange and high-end models.
- Price & export projections: Companies expect quotes to stay at current levels in the months ahead. Suppliers implementing markups will limit the increase to 5 percent. Most forecast overseas revenue will be stable as makers explore emerging markets such as South America and Southeast Asia.
Dongguan Ele Electrical Technology Co. Ltd
Description: 1.8in b/w LCD, 128x64 pixels; MP3, WMA; Li-ion battery
Kinwei Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd
Description: OLED, 128x32 pixels; WAV, APE, FLAC; 2 to 8GB flash memory; USB 2.0 port; lithium battery
Shenzhen Alldo Cube Technology and Science Co. Ltd
Description: 2in TFT LCD, 320x240 pixels; BBE, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, JPEG; game, calendar; 10x40x92mm
Shenzhen Kingvo Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: 1.1in OLED; MP3, WMA; 1 to 8GB flash memory; Li-ion battery; water-resistant
T-Link Industrial Development Co. Ltd
Description: 1.1in OLED; MP3, WMA; up to 8GB flash memory; built-in lithium battery; USB 2.0 port; optional FM tuner/p>
Unif Technology Co. Ltd
Description: MP3, WMA; 1 to 8GB flash memory; Li-ion battery, solar power; necklace design; CE, FCC, RoHS
Note: This article "Feature enhancements advance flash MP3 players" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.