- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 14:22
Releases incorporate high-sensitivity antennas, geofence and other security features.
- Enhanced reliability: Makers are using high-gain and -sensitivity GPS antennas to improve reception and ensure stable signal. Models are capable of up to 5m positioning accuracy. To boost performance further, companies are employing quality GPS chips and modules.
- Improved security: More products are integrating security features to protect both the user and vehicle. Besides being able to immobilize the car wirelessly, new models support geofence, sound monitoring, and break-in, parking, lowbattery, overspeeding and movement alert. Anti-tamper and -theft are also incorporated.
- Strengthening R&D capability: Suppliers are working on capacitive and microwave sensor technologies, with some acquiring patents for their designs. Many create software and Web platform in-house for vehicle, fleet and public transportation management.
- Price & export projections: Quotes are expected to stay at current levels or decrease by 5 percent in 1H12 due to stiff competition and the stable costs of key components. Most makers anticipate overseas revenue to rise by 5 percent.
Guangzhou Topten Electronics Fty
Description: SiRFstarIII; wireless immobilizer, internal shock sensor; 98x64x25mm; backup Li-ion battery
Shenzhen Leadway Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: SiRFstarIII; 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz GSM module; 5m positioning accuracy; geofence, anti-theft alarm
Shenzhen Meiligao Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: SiRFstarIII; 850, 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz GSM module; tremble sensor, accelerometer; Li-ion battery
Shenzhen Xexun Technology Co. Ltd
Description: SiRFstarIII; Simcom300/340 GSM/GPRS module, 850, 1,800, 1,900MHz or 900, 1,800, 1,900MHz
Sky Microwave Co. Ltd
Description: GSM, GPRS; SMS; alarm, geofence; 110x70x23mm; 950mAh 3.7V backup Li-polymer battery
UVI Group Corp.
Description: SiRFstarIII; quadband GSM/GPRS module; tracking by SMS; built-in flash memory; alarm, microphone
Note: This article "Makers boost reliability, security features of car GPS trackers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.