- Published on Monday, 23 April 2012 14:23
Companies are using better drivers and materials to enhance product performance.
- Audio enhancements: China makers are bolstering the power output to raise their home theater systems’ performance, eyeing 30W in satellite speakers and 300W in subwoofers. More companies are adopting class D technology for built-in amplifiers. They are likewise improving the S/N ratio to 85 to 95dB.
- More drivers: Suppliers are integrating two to five driver units per speaker, and may hit 10 in some releases. The popular sizes for the woofer, midrange and tweeter are 8 to 12in, 3 to 6.5in, and 1in.
- Material diversity: To heighten visual appeal, makers are rolling out multicolor units, employing high-grade MDF, solid wood and HDF. PVC veneer and piano paint finish are the typical surface treatment options. In line with product upgrade objectives, manufacturers are adopting quality materials such as carbon fiber or fiberglass for woofer and midrange speakers, and silk or metal alloy for tweeters to enhance sound quality.
- Value add-ons: Suppliers are raising functionality by incorporating a USB port, an SD/MMC slot, an FM/AM radio and an iPod/iPhone/iPad dock. Wireless support is enabled via Bluetooth or 2.4GHz RF.
China CeAudio Electronics Shenzhen Co.
Description: 5.25in woofer, five 3in satellite speakers; 40Hz to 18kHz frequency response
Foshan Huaxinmei Electronics Fty
Description: 6.5in subwoofer, 348x100x105mm center, 148x110x1,150mm satellite speakers
Kinma Science and Technology Development Co. Ltd
Description: 4in center, two 6.25in floor, two 4in surround speakers, 8in subwoofer
Olyte Group Co. Ltd
Description: 8in subwoofer, five 3in satellite speakers; 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
Shenzhen Kingwumid Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 8in subwoofer, 3in center, four 3in tower speakers; built-in amplifier
Tonewinner Electronics Co. Ltd
Model: Winner HD Series 4
Description: 70Hz to 20kHz center, two 75Hz to 20kHz surround, two 38Hz to 20kHz tower speakers, ≥95dB subwoofer
Note: This article "R&D efforts raise power output of home theater systems" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.