- Published on Tuesday, 15 May 2012 13:38
Releases support more media formats and pack a radio, voice recorder, games and an e-book reader.
- Better resolution: Mainstream releases from China use 7, 8 or 9in LCD screens. To improve the viewing experience, makers are enhancing the resolution, with some supporting 1080p video playback. More companies offer 7in models capable of 800x480 or 1440x234 pixels.
- Added functions: Suppliers typically incorporate FM radio, voice recorder, games, e-book reader and SD/MMC slot to raise product value. Models work with more formats, including AAC, APE and FLAC. Some upscale releases can support USB OTG, DVR, DAB/DAB+, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Enhancing performance & design: China makers are adopting high-quality A/V decoding chips from Amlogic, Ali, MStar and STMicroelectronics. They are raising the capacity of rechargeable lithium battery to 2,000mAh to extend the operating time. Aesthetic improvements result in compact yet multicolor designs with glossy, water-transfer print or piano paint finish.
- Other standards gaining steam: As demand in Japan and South America picks up, manufacturers expect ISDB-T and DVB-T2 versions to edge out DVB-T kinds.
Dongguan Goodshin Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 7in LCD; 1440x234 pixels, 16:9 aspect, 300:1 contrast ratios; A/V I/O, USB ports; built-in lithium battery
Dongguan Yongguan Electronic Technology
Description: 7in TFT LCD; 480x234 pixels, 16:9 aspect, 300:1 contrast ratios
Shanghai Kingstronic Co. Ltd
Description: 9in TFT LCD; 800x480 pixels, 16:9 aspect, 300:1 contrast ratios; LED backlight
Shenzhen GIEC Electronic Co. Ltd
Description: 9in LCD; 800x480 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio; MPEG-4/H.264 decoder; USB 2.0 port
Shenzhen Kaixuan Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 3.5in TFT LCD; e-book reader, FM radio; optional PAL, SECAM, NTSC, ISDB-T, ATSC-T
Shenzhen SDMC Technology Co. Ltd
Description: 3.5in LCD; EPG, e-book reader, radiogram, calendar; USB 2.0 port, TransFlash card slot; 5VDC
Note: This article "R&D emphasizes higher resolution, added value in portable DVB-T TVs" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.