- Published on Monday, 29 October 2012 16:59
Touch buttons, and RDS and DAB/DAB+ radio function add value further.
- Broader transmission range: Suppliers in China are rolling out models supporting 76 to 108MHz to offer more channel options. This is wider than the 87.5 to 108MHz FM range typical in previous variants.
- Larger screens & memory: Aiming to raise user convenience, makers are building in bigger displays, with 3.5in becoming popular. As a growing number of products double as MP3 players, the internal memory is rising as well.NAND flash of as much as 8GB is increasingly adopted, and the capacity can be extended via an SD or SDHC card.
- Wider compatibility, longer running time: Releases support more A/V formats, including AVI and MPEG-4. Units that run on lithium batteries use high-capacity types to extend the operation time. Several versions employ AAA or AA alternatives, and can charge via the car cigarette lighter socket or USB port.
- Novelty designs: Under efforts to enhance the aesthetic appeal, companies are releasing models that resemble mobile phones, game consoles and toys. Some variants take on cartoon and animal patterns.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article " Wider FM range, larger screens refresh car FM transmitters lineup "was originally published
by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.