- Published on Thursday, 19 December 2013 15:48
Makers are improving brightness, reducing energy consumption and ensuring ease of control.
- Feature upgrades: R&D initiatives among makers aim to balance high brightness and energy savings. To this end, models delivering 6,000 to 8,000cd/sqm brightness are popular. The brightness can be adjusted via software. Full-color P10 to P16 LEDs are mainstream, but many companies offer P3 to P6 variants for small-area applications. The typical viewing angle is 100 to 120-degree horizontal, with some upscale units capable of reaching 150 degrees.
- Product reliability: Most China suppliers use LEDs from major providers such as Epistar, Silan and Nichia to ensure quality. The LED modules undergo surface treatment and adopt closed packaging for better protection against water ingress and UV. Makers customize cooling systems to match diverse requirements. The average service life is 100,000hr.
- Ease of control: Many outdoor LED displays support wireless control. Suppliers boost ease of use further through software, which is based usually on Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7. Products support text messages, graphics and video in TXT, DOC, XLS, BMP, JPEG, GIF, WMF, SWF, RM, AVI, MPEG, ASF, DAT and VOB formats.
- Material: To achieve a light and compact design, companies use aluminum alloy for the cabinet instead of steel.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Full-color P10 to P16 LED models drive outdoor LED display segment" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.