- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 16:57
Companies are rolling out compact designs and building in USB and memory card capability.
- Full HD enabled: Mainstream models in the HD DVD players category support full HD and upscaling. They come with an HDMI or a VGA port.
- Aesthetic & feature upgrades: Most enhancements on the external design center on developing more compact and sleek units. As regards features, companies are building in USB and memory card support, especially in midrange units. Products work with popular formats, including AVI, MPEG, RM, RMVB, MKV, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, JPEG, MPE and TXT. Some releases feature an Ethernet interface to play online programs.
- “Variant” products strong: The DVD player being a mature line, a growing number of companies are concentrating on variants such as portable and car DVD players, or combination DVB and DVD players. A few incorporate the DVD player in home theater systems. This approach enables makers to differentiate their products and offer buyers value added.
- Slowing industry: The expanding adoption of Blu-ray and the strong popularity of online multimedia content are pushing down sales in the entire DVD player segment. Only entry-level desktop and some portable models continue to enjoy demand because of their cost efficiency.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "HD DVD players support full HD, more media formats" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.