- Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:38
Makers are setting their sights on 800x480 pixels, with some developing units with 720p decoding or full HD capability.
- 7in models dominate: Portable DVB-T TVs measuring 7in represent half of China’s shipments of portable TVs or three-fourths of small DVB-T deliveries for the last six months. To meet rising demand for units with larger screens, a growing number of makers are reducing output of 4.3in and smaller versions.
- Step up to higher resolution: R&D efforts revolve mainly around enhancing the resolution. Manufacturers are using LCD panels able to support 800x480 pixels instead of just 480x272 or 320x240 pixels. Some are developing units with 720p decoding or full HD capability.
- Flexible configurations: With the mature technology, more suppliers are customizing specifications to suit diverse requirements. Companies can use different DVB-T, analog, ATSC or ISDB-T tuner or add multimedia playback, FM, DAB, e-book reader and games on request. USB and HDMI ports, and SD/MMC slots are optional.
- Competition from “connected” devices: Makers expect demand for traditional portable TVs and DVB-T models to slow down due to the influx of compact, “smart” electronics such as smartphones and tablet PCs. Some are considering DVB-H or OTT-based solutions to boost competitiveness.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "7in high-resolution models steer trends in 7in & smaller DVB-T TVs segment" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.