- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 17:33
Stereo models with two speaker drivers are gaining popularity, as are brightly colored products that depart from the classic black housing.
- Acoustic enhancements: Mainstream products support 2 to 10W rms power output, more than 85dB S/N ratio and 4ohm impedance. Stereo models equipped with two speaker drivers are increasingly becoming popular, especially in the high end. Several makers are working on units with speaker drivers and hi-fi quality for improved audio performance. A few companies are adding a subwoofer driver to boost bass.
- Vibration technology: More suppliers are developing vibration speakers. Some new models in this category deliver stereo audio as opposed to older mono-based units. Standard releases support 5W power output, greater than 80dB S/N ratio, and 100Hz to 20kHz frequency response. These draw power from a lithium battery or USB port.
- Stepping up to Bluetooth 4: Mainstream speakers largely adopt Bluetooth 2+EDR. A rising number of companies, however, are investing in Bluetooth 4.0 variants to boost product value. They are likewise building in NFC technology, particularly in high-end units.
- More compact & colorful designs: A growing number of suppliers are rolling out streamlined speakers for increased portability and mobility. Brighter and more catchy hues are gaining traction. For greater differentiation, some companies are introducing novelty styles such as honeycomb and cartoon motifs.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Bluetooth portable speaker makers balance acoustic, design upgrades" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.