- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 10:40
Makers add a DVD or Blu-ray and MP3 player. High-end products offer multichannel HD I/O, HDMI 1.4 and 3D.
- Power output: The center speaker, which usually comprises two 6.5 or 5in bass midrange driver and one 1in or 28mm dome tweeter, supports 10 to 100W. For the front speakers, the power output is 10 to 150W.
- Design: Compact, sleek cabinets are trendy. Low-end models adopt ABS, and pricier units employ MDF with natural wood veneer or piano paint. Some utilize real wood.
- Amplifier: Passive types are widely used. An entry-level unit supports 2x100W output in front, 2x65W in surround and 1x60W in central channels. It incorporates 1-channel coaxial, 1-channel optical S/P DIF and 4-channel RCA ports. Midrange types deliver 5x120W and have 4 or 5-channel digital input ports, and Dolby AC-3 and DTC decoding. High-end varieties enable 5x200 or 7x150W, allow multichannel video signal I/O and have Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Master, and DTS HI RES decoding functions.
- Added value: Besides the mainstream two front, two rear and one center speakers, makers can offer a subwoofer and decoder. Some companies integrate a DVD or Blu-ray and MP3 player and USB port. In the high end, trends point to multichannel HD I/O, HDMI 1.4 and 3D. Several units are capable of measuring the acoustic properties of the room and optimizing acoustic parameter configurations automatically.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Acoustic upgrades direct R&D in China's 5-channel home theater systems market" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.