- Published on Friday, 28 December 2012 13:21
High-end models support more media formats. Bluetooth and built-in speaker are the other key value add-ons.
- Adding value: Solar power, touch control, built-in speaker and Bluetooth are gaining ground as makers raise product appeal. FM radio and voice recording are common.
- More formats supported: Mainstream models support MP3, WMA and WAV formats. Some upscale units also read Ogg Vorbis, AAC, APE and FLAC.
- Housing & design: Some companies use private molds to differentiate their products. Water-resistant casings are on the rise as well for better durability.
- Screen: Mainstream releases have 1.1 to 1.8in LCD or OLED displays. Monochrome LCD or color STN is typical among basic units, while color TFT LCDs are for the high end.
Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Solar power, touch control boost flash MP3 player sector" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.