- Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 15:18
Makers are stepping up display features to enhance display attributes.
- HD, capacitive touchsreens: China makers are riding the high definition trend, adopting 800x480-pixel 7in, 800x600-pixel 8in and 1024x600-pixel 9 to 10.2in screens. Companies are also raising brightness to 500cd/sqm. Capacitive touchscreens are increasingly employed.
- Built-in monitors lead: Stand-alone and embedded designs are the major installation styles, of which the last is the mainstream. More recent models have detachable and motorized slide shield for the LCD. Models with a zipper cover are likewise becoming popular. To enhance visual appeal, suppliers are adopting various colors and patterns. Water-resistant, high-grade fabric and genuine leather are drawing attention as well.
- Adding value: Multifunction releases will edge out “pure” types. The former combine GPS, DVD player, FM transmitter, digital TV, games, touchscreen and button, RDS and DAB/DAB+ radio and rearview camera. Besides supporting various A/V formats, these have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and iPod, iPhone and iPad connectivity.
- Price & export forecasts: Makers foresee quotes and overseas revenue staying at current levels. Some expect a 5 percent increase in both in the months ahead.
"Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources."
Note: This article "HD screens, embedded designs main trends in headrest monitors line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.